For fundraising and donations, please contact Scunthorpe Macmillan:
Telephone (For Fundraising and donations): 07958 137 797
Email (For Fundraising and donations): firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Local Community Macmillan Teams- Who To Contact
If you feel you would benefit from a referral to the Community Macmillan Nursing team and you are currently under a District Nurse this should be your first point of contact, who if they feel appropriate will make the referral. Contact numbers for your district nurse can be found within your blue nursing notes folder kept with the patient.
If you are not currently under the care of the District Nursing team and feel you may benefit from involvement with the Community Macmillan Nursing Team please contact your GP, who if appropriate will make a referral.
Northern Lincolnshire & Goole Macmillan information & Support Service
What we do:
- We support people affected by cancer, throughout their pathway into survivorship by providing information, support and signposting or referral to other expert services as identified.
- We provide information and advice on cancer awareness and prevention with the aim of increasing the chance of an earlier diagnosis, and consequently improving treatment outcomes.
What we offer:
- Face to face support and advice at our information centre at Scunthorpe General Hospital (Church Lane Entrance) and several outreach community drop-ins (locations vary). Support via phone and e-mail for people unable to reach our services in person.
- Support via phone and email for people unable to reach our services in person.
- Free cancer information resources.
- Advice on talking to children about cancer.
- Access to benefits advice and Macmillan grants.
- H.O.P.E (Helping to Overcome Problems Effectively) courses, a six week course for people affected b y cancer to help them manage the different aspects of living with cancer.
- Referral to the specialist cancer therapies team to help people who are living with and beyond cancer.
- ‘Look Good, Feel Better’ masterclasses run by a team of specialist beauty volunteers, to help women overcome the physical effects of cancer and cancer treatment.
- Access to counselling and support groups.
- Practical support and referral to the home from hospital service.
- Advice and support for people caring for someone with cancer.
Contact Details for Northern Lincolnshire & Goole Macmillan Information and support service:
Telephone: 01724 387878